(3) from Apology Machine, Four Poems by Cameron Quan Louie: https://therumpus.net/2021/01/rumpus-original-poetry-four-poems-by-cameron-quan-louie/
(4) "if you believe me to be your enemy know this I accept
terrible revenge in merciless clots of love
I have not threatened your soft moments and yet you are threatened"
I Must Become A Menace To My Enemies by Ryan Dzelzkalns: https://catapult.co/stories/i-must-become-a-menace-to-my-enemies-a-poem-by-ryan-dzelzkalns
(5) qtine thoughts (w/ a line from Psych lol) by Jess Rizkallah: https://nwreview.org/2020/12/11/qtine-thoughts-w-a-line-from-psych-lol/
[im a mess over this poem holy shit]
if you like (5), jess just released a chapbook of sorts here --> https://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/1673788
and let me plug in one of my favorite articles ive written (its aged a bit but still good at its heart)
100 of my Favorite Poets For Your Survival Pack by Alexis: https://www.autostraddle.com/poets-for-your-survival-pack-410195/
(7) Reciprocity is a Two-Way Street
Momtaza Mehri: https://poets.org/poem/reciprocity-two-way-street
oh, this one.
(8) Tomorrow is a Place
Sanna Wani: https://poets.org/poem/tomorrow-place
this one wrecked me beautiful i love it
(9) a possible tw for self harm in this poem
The B-Sides of the Golden Records, Track Five: “Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder” by Sumita Chakraborty: https://poets.org/poem/b-sides-golden-records-track-five-post-traumatic-stress-disorder
(11) After Touching You, I Think of Narcissus Drowning by Leila Chatti: https://poets.org/poem/after-touching-you-i-think-narcissus-drowning
safia elhillo is one of my absolute favorite poets/writers and this is also a favorite (which is saying something because it takes so much for me to focus on audio): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh5wSt-hfL0
(13) Day 29 (2020) by Jamila Woods: https://poets.org/poem/day-29-2020
(be sure to check out her music too!)
(16) Lecture on the History of the House by Claire Schwartz: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/poems/154996/lecture-on-the-history-of-the-house
@wenotfreeyet @miramarco This on birbsite is a good companion to that poem: https://twitter.com/debcha/status/1351674262780837888
@eldang wait, this is a written version https://genius.com/Saul-williams-sha-clack-clack-lyrics
@wenotfreeyet I am late to respond, I know, but for what that's worth, I'd just like to say that I love this one. It clicks in that strange way only a few poems do. The previous one was good for sure, and no doubt the next ones will be, but so far this one is winning.
The sad thing is, some assholes in the current crisis understand all too well that some people will not make it. They just ... never consider it could be them. It's always those who "would have died soon anyway". As if that makes them not count, not matter.
But I too think there is a better future to fight for ... or try to, at least.
a personal server for a black nonbinary traumatized person